Pro Alpha Six-Layer Peel
What is the Pro Alpha Six-Layer Peel and what it can treat?
The Pro Alpha Six-Layer Peel is a resurfacing treatment program intended to remove dead cells from the surface of the skin and instigate collagen development. It has been designed to help reduce wrinkles, light scarring, and uneven skin tones. It may be used on most skin types (except people with a typically dark oriental or sub-continental complexion and some darker skin tones which can be prone to pigmentation).
The Pro Alpha Six-Layer Peel solution is an exclusive blend of natural plant and fruit sugar acids, applied systematically in layers. The strength of the solution and the number of layers is tailored to suit your skin colour, texture, sensitivity and condition by your DMK skin technician. The procedure usually takes between 5 and 10 days and results will vary from person to person as each individual’s skin will respond differently.
What is the procedure for the Pro Alpha Six-Layer Peel?
- You should have at least two DMK Enzyme Treatments before having a Pro Alpha Six-Layer Peel Treatment.
- One week before your scheduled Pro Alpha Six-Layer Peel Treatment, you will notice that while using Retosin, your skin may begin to look leathery and darker. This is normal.
- On the day of your Pro Alpha Six-Layer Peel Treatment, your technician will begin applying separate layers of the Pro Alpha Six-Layer Peel solution. You will experience some very uncomfortable stinging and burning sensations during these applications, these sensations will subside. If the irritation becomes too uncomfortable, let your technician know so that the solution can be adjusted for further applications.
- After the application is completed, you will leave the solution on your skin and will not wash for at least 12 hours. Your skin will look shiny ad may be slightly red.
- Beginning the next day following the Pro Alpha Six-Layer Peel Treatment, you can start cleansing your skin as normal with your DMK cleanser followed by a small amount of Acu Créme or Contraderm Créme as prescribed. You must apply DMK SOLEIL DEFENCE SPF 50+ UVA UVB if you are going to have any exposure to the sun. Should you choose, you can also start using make-up as desired. Do not use a solarium.
- By the third day, you should begin to notice your skin beginning to peel. This will vary from minor flaking to large peeling sections depending on your skin condition. Regardless of how severe the peeling is, you must not pull, pick, or scratch at the dead skin – to do so will increase the chance of infection. It is very important that you allow this skin to detach naturally. You may be surprised at just how much flaking occurs, do not worry this is normal. You will feel very unattractive and uncomfortable but this will subside.
- By the seventh day, most of this dead skin will have exfoliated (detached) itself from the healthy new cells below. On this day, you will be scheduled for an Enzyme Lift-off Treatment. This treatment helps remove any remaining dead cells that have not completely exfoliated.
- You must use your regular DMK Home Prescriptives and continue with your professional maintenance treatments in order to maintain your results.
NOTE: This treatment should give improvement and restoration to the appearance of your skin. However, each individual’s result will vary depending on their skin type and condition. While many will be satisfied with just one treatment, others may require several treatments over a period of time to achieve their desired results.
Are there any possible side effects?
It is possible that you may experience some of the following temporary contraindications as a result of this treatment.
- Swelling or tightness of the skin
- Redness and irritation of the skin
- Stinging and burning sensation to the skin
- Blistering, weeping or scabbing of the skin. If this occurs, notify your practitioner
- An outbreak of pimples if impurities have been locked under the skin
- Excessive peeling of the skin
- Darkening of skin prior to exfoliation as underlying pigment moves to the surface
- Increased photosensitivity of the skin. Reduce problems by using DMK SOLEIL DEFENCE SPF 50+ UVA UVB
I have completed pre-treatment medical history form and have informed my DMK skin technician of any pre-existing skin or other medical conditions or treatments or medicines.
Although Essential Esthetics endeavours to ensure that all clients receive the best possible care and results, at no time does it make any guarantees or undertakings that any DMK treatment or product will cure, alleviate, prevent, eliminate, or retard any injury, illness or condition.
I have read the above and initiated all points and paragraphs, I have asked any questions I might have regarding this treatment. I realise that there is a possibility of contraindications and adverse effects in my undergoing treatment. I agree to notify my DMK skin technician should I have any contraindications as a result of this treatment. I agree to follow all instructions given by my DMK skin technician including what products to use before and after my treatment. I agree to hold my DMK skin technician without fault should I experience any discomfort, contraindication, or adverse reaction as a result of this treatment. Should any one or more of the above contraindications not occur, I understand that this is not necessarily an indication that the treatment is not working but rather that my condition and state of health causes me to respond well to organic material.
I understand and agree that it is a condition of treatment that I use only the products given to me by my DMK skin technician and in the manner indicated by my DMK skin technician during the treatment series and for at least a week following the final treatment.